On 30-31 March, 2015 the “Policy Planning Framework, Public Budgets and Policy Monitoring” training was organized in the framework of the “Increasing Civil Society Participation in National Policy Dialogue in Armenia” (CSPNPD) project. Beneficiary Civil Society Organizations of the project participated in the training, as well as representatives of the RA Ministries of Labor and Social Affairs, Health and Agriculture were present at the event.
The themes touched upon during the training course mainly involved:
- Policy Planning Framework and Key Strategic Documents, Linkages to the Budgets;
- Key Economic and Fiscal Indicators;
- Budget Classification and Program Budgeting;
- Tools of Budget Analysis and Monitoring;
- Participatory Monitoring of Budgets and the Role of CSOs in this process.
In order to create a base for active civic dialogue on public policy and disseminate the results of research and public program monitoring in the framework of CSPNPD project, EDRC initiated a Facebook group (CSOs participation in Policy Dialogue) that was joined by members of participating CSOs. Members of the group now have the opportunity to virtually participate in the discussions on public budgets and policies.