The Center’s activities can be grouped in 5 broad themes (priority areas). In these areas we do i) data collection and dissemination, including publication of user-friendly on-line databases ii) research, including policy papers, briefs, periodical journals; iii) awareness-raising and outreach programs; and iV) capacity building and development.
In these priority areas the Center is cooperating with a number of partners, including international and local NGOs, various local constituencies, Government and international development agencies. Most of the activities are conducted as projects with partners. The Center supports its activities also through mobilizing resources from its followers and supporters. In order to enhance the resource base a subsidiary company was established in 2004 (EDRC LLC). All revenues generated by the company are directed to the Center for supporting its core activities.
Our thematic focus and research interests (areas) involve:
1. Growth, private sector development and economic policies;
2. Goօd governance and institutional, structural development;
3. Human development and social welfare;
4. Energy efficiency and sustainable development;
5. Regional cooperation and integration.
The main areas of our specialization are:
- Macroeconomic, trade and investment policy analyses and modelling,
- Budget analysis and public expenditure reviews (PER),
- Sector strategies and social policy reviews ,
- Policy/program monitoring and evaluations (PM&E),
- Poverty and social impact analysis (PSIA),
- Data collection, processing and data quality reviews (DQR),
- Training and capacity building.